July 04, 2009

Circuit training, the Creeting St Peter way

I am that rare creature amongst village residents, in that I don't drive. Indeed, I can't, having never taken driving lessons. Fortunately, my wife does, so when she is around, I can get around easily enough.

However, she is away on business today, and I really did need to do some shopping, so some lateral thinking was needed. How do I get to Tesco, do the shopping I need to do, and get back? Of course, I could use a taxi, but that does seem to be awfully expensive so, having done my research, I set off via the footpath just the other side of the bridge over the A14, towards the track that leads to the Creeting Lakes fishery, along Mill Lane, through Cedars Park to Tesco, leaving myself about fifty minutes to get everything I needed.

At 11.15, I made my way to the bus shelter opposite the petrol station, and waited. At 11.21, the scheduled taxibus arrived, picked me up and brought me, and my shopping, back to the village. The whole outing took just an hour and forty minutes, not bad really, and cost just £1.20.

So, a big thank you to driver Philip, and a job done...

No comments:

Post a Comment